Auto Insurance

Physical damages to your vehicle are covered under comprehensive and collision. The higher/lower the deductibles of these coverage are, the lower/higher the premiums are. There is no deductibles for liability coverage. However, at-fault accidents will lower your ‘insurance scores’ and result in ‘surcharge’/increase in your premium. ‘accident forgiveness’ is used to prevent this from happening. However, if your insurance score is too low (you present a very high risk), you will probably need some kind of ‘non-traditional’ insurance.

In Georgia, minimum liability insurance required by law is 25k/50k/25k where the 3 numbers refer to bodily injury (BI) per person, BI per accident, and property damage (PD). You can increase the coverage by paying a higher premium. Uninsured motorist limits are usually the same as these limits by default, which can be changed depending on your state/location.

What happens if you cause an accident that results in damages exceeding the limits? You can get sued, lose a judgement, and have to pay for the rest of the damages. The potential of the responsibility can be daunting. So you might want to consider having coverage that’s more than the minimum requirements.

We can find auto insurance for you even if you have low insurance scores. In other words, if you are considered a high risk to insurance companies, e.g., if you have high claim rates, we can help you find insurance. This is sometimes referred to as non-traditional.

If you drive for a rideshare company such as uber or Lyft, you can get “gap” coverage. Your regular auto insurance covers you when your uber/Lyft app is offline. You are covered by uber/Lyft when you are executing a ride request. When your app is idling/waiting online is when you need a “gap” coverage which is offered by your insurance company for additional premium.

Auto insurance normally does not cover personal properties in your vehicle. Personal property on your vehicle can be covered with renter’s insurance. You can often get discounts if you get renter’s insurance along with your auto insurance.

Personal auto insurance usually also covers the use of your vehicle in personal business as long as you are not compensated for transporting people or cargo, and the vehicle is not driven by employees.